Chemical peels are chemical products that are applied to the skin with the intention of removing superficial layer of skin and replacing it with healthy skin,hence markedly improving the appearance of the skin.
The process starts by applying the chemical to the skin in our clinic . The patient is sent home and during the course of the following few days the patient will peel. Once the peeling is over the rejuvenated skin is much smoother with less wrinkles and superficial pigments.
- The procedure usually lasts 30 to 45 minutes
- Is painless
- Minimal side effects
- No downtime for most treatments
At Zinnia Clinic we use products supplied by two skin care companies. The first group of chemical peels are supplied by Image Skin Care out of Florida. They have 7 different types of chemical Peels.
Three peels that require neutralizing:
- Lightening Lift – contains a cocktail of lightening and brightening agents to reduce sun spots, brown spots and the redness caused by Rosacea.
- Wrinkle Lift – contains glycolic acid and retinol which exfoliates dead surface skin cells & also improves circulation leading to firmer and healthier skin.
- Acne Lift – contains a beta and alpha -hydroxy acid combination. Treats acne as well as smoothening the skin.
Three peels that do not require neutralizing:
- Perfection Lift – contains retinol, peptides plant stem cells and vitamin C, used to treat advanced cases of aging, acne and pigmentation issues.
- Signature Lift – contains Vitamin C, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids leading to increased cellular turnover, lightening, tightening and brightening all skin types.
- Beta Lift – contains non blended Beta Hydroxy Acid for the treatment of grade III & IV acne.
- TCA Orange Lift – contains TCA/Salicylic acid peel used to aggressively treat aging and sun damaged skin.
The second group of chemical peels are supplied by Topix out of New York
Three types of peels are supplied:
- Universal Peel – can be used on all skin types.
- Intermediate Peel – formulated for more sensitive skin along with patients being peeled for the first time.
- Advanced Peel – formulated for more tolerant patients as well as patients who have been peeled with the Intermediate Peel and ready for the advanced peel. The advanced as well as the intermediate peels are not suitable for FP4 to FP6 patients and for certain skin conditions.
All of the peels contain varying percentage of acids and All-trans-Retinol Complex
The peels will improve dull and uneven skin tone and texture, fine lines and wrinkles, dark spots and sun damage, discolorations, large pores and skin roughness.
For more information or to make an appointment for a free consultation please call our clinic at (571) 200-2254.