What is Anti-Aging Medicine?
Anti-aging medicine is a fairly new branch of medicine which deals with treating age related diseases as well as slowing down the aging process. It utilizes all the scientific tools available to enhance longevity. The primary focus of anti-aging medicine is to address the root cause of diseases, to prevent diseases from ever taking root in the body and in cases a disease is already established to detect it early before too much damage is done.
The arsenal of treatment options available to Anti-Aging Doctors ranges from simple things like healthy nutrition, exercise, supplementation to sophisticated treatments like hormone treatment as well as stem cells treatment
In unhealthy individuals, like morbidly obese patients the biological age is much higher than the real age of the person.
Your biological age is not the same as your chronological age. Anti-aging medicine focuses on slowing down the biological aging process by treating and preventing age-related disease on the molecular and cellular level.
The main focus of anti aging medicine
- Prevent disease
- Treat early on the disease process when the disease has already taken root in the body
- Identify the root cause of the disease and treat it
- Have a holistic and comprehensive approach to treating patients
- Design custom treatment programs based on advanced tests, individual risk assessments, and unique health histories.
- Identify important risk factors and design a customized treatment to avoid getting sick.
To focus on wellness
The future of medicine is bright, not only will advances in medicine allow humans to live longer, but it will allow humans to live long healthy and productive lives.
It’s not in the realm of impossibility that in 20 to 30 years from now humans may be able to live productive lives way into their low 100 years of age
Dr. Anteneh Roba