Treating Erectile Dysfunction Naturally
Most treatments for erectile dysfunction require medical interventions such as prescribing medications or doing procedures including surgery.
However, sometimes making basic lifestyle changes and even supplementing with natural plant based products or foods can really make a difference.
Some changes one can make is modification of certain life style
Eating foods that support a healthy vascular system, and foods that boost testosterone levels.
Some examples are :
– Cruciferous Vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts cauliflower are anti-estrogenic
– Nuts and dark chocolate contain zinc
Low zinc levels decrease levels of hormones responsible for triggering production of
testosterone in the testes
Garlic contains a compound called Diallyl- Disulfide promoting a hormone that triggers T
– Spinach (Magnesium) This green, leafy vegetable is packed with the mineral magnesium.
Magnesium plays a vital role in muscle development and reproductive function.
Magnesium increases free and total testosterone in athletes and non-active individuals.
Mushrooms prevent the production of the Enzyme aromatase
Aromatase converts androgen to estrogen — Preventing free testosterone from binding to
– Beets (organic beet juice)
2. Exercising regularly both aerobic and weight lifting which boosts natural testosterone production
3. Stress management – stress depressed libido and interest in sex
4. Avoiding Alcohol consumption, drug use and especially smoking cigarettes which damages blood vessels
5. Weight management. Obesity is directly linked to erectile dysfunction
Apart from lifestyle medications one can improve sexual performance by taking natural herbs, antioxidants certain vitamins.
Below is a list of the few over the counter supplements that may help with erectile dysfunction:
– Ginkgo Biloba is a herb that increases blood flow to the penis
– Tribulus is a plant that boosts testosterone levels
– Muira Puama is a plant that improves libido
– Horny Goat Weed is a herb that supposedly increases blood flow to the penis
– Eurycoma Longofilia is a plant that boosts natural testosterone levels
– DIM is a compound found in cruciferous vegetables that stops the conversion of testosterone into
the female hormone estrogen
– Chrysin is a flavonoid compound that stops the conversion of testosterone to estrogen
– Arginine is an amino acid which is a precursor to nitric oxide which is an important molecule found in blood
vessels that relaxes muscles in blood vessels causing widening of the vessels
– Citrulline is a non-essential amino acid that is a precursor to arginine which is involved in widening
Trying these various forms of natural products and foods may be the only thing a person needs to resolve their erectile dysfunction.
Dr. Anteneh Roba