Everyone is still talking about Madonna from the Grammy’s and is asking me about how they can ensure to avoid that unnatural overly done look. So today I discuss what treatment is better for volume loss in the face for the most natural looking results.
When it comes to facial rejuvenation specifically, many of my Zinnia clients are torn about the decision between fat transfer vs. fillers. One of the hallmark signs of aging is volume loss in the face. The fat deposits shift and reposition which leads to lines and wrinkles, hollows, and deep creases. So, to reverse these age-related changes, I restore the missing volume by injecting fat or fillers ( depending on the client) into wrinkles, creases to fill them in for smooth rejuvenated skin. In Madonna’s case, she has most likely used excessive filler over time, which is why I am a firm believer in one of my signature combination treatments: Fat Transfer to the face with PDO Thread Lifts for the most natural looking results.
Fat Transfer vs. Fillers
Both fat transfer and dermal fillers can dramatically reduce the visible signs of aging, but they are two very different treatments. Fat transfer involves removing small amounts of unwanted fat from another area of the body and injecting them into the face. The added advantage is that fat contains stem cells, something I call Liquid Gold ( and fillers don’t’).
Injectable dermal fillers, on the other hand, are synthetic and can stack up leading to that overly inflated look we saw recently in Madonna’s case. Not always, of course. My clients who are primarily interested in restoring volume loss and appearing more youthful benefit more by fat transfer.
Benefits of Fat Transfer with PDO Thread Treatment
- No synthetic fillers needed, only the patient’s own fat ( Liquid Gold)
- Long-lasting, near permanent results for many patients
- Improves the appearance of both the treated area and the fat extraction site
- Natural looking results
- PDO Thread will Lift and Tighten
- This treatment temporarily helps to reposition facial and neck tissues stimulating the production of new collagen in skin. It will reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles to give a healthy, glowing appearance. The thread lifting procedure is minimally invasive, very safe and an effective in-office procedure with little downtime. We use Silhouette Instalift which lasts up to two years.