Although the aim of our Zinnia Team is to help patients lose weight without the use of prescription medications, sometimes it becomes necessary to use pharmaceutical grade medications as well as supplements that help fire up the bodies metabolic furnace and suppress appetite.
The most common medications used by obesity medicine Doctors and the ones we use here at Zinnia Aesthetics and Anti-Aging Clinic are:
- Phentermine – is a sympathomimetic that suppresses appetite and helps weight loss by decreasing one’s hunger.
- Qysimia – is a combination of phentermine and topiramate which is a seizure medication when given in combination with phentermine also helps suppress appetite as well as make one feel full, it at times changes the taste of certain foods which can reduce the desire to eat certain foods.
- Contrave -is a combination of Bupropion and Naltrexone and is prescribed for the management of chronic obesity in adults
- Orlistat – otherwise called Xenical works by reducing fat absorption
Supplements provided by Zinnia Aesthetics and Anti-Aging Clinic are :
Is a lipotropic supplement. Its biological effect is to:
- Increase metabolism to burn fat
- Remove and transport fat out of the body
- Prevent abnormal accumulation of fat in the liver
- Increase production of lecithin
- Detoxify the liver and improve its function
2. Protrim Plus
Is a weight-loss aid that contains vitamins, minerals, and a bulking agent to create a feeling of satiety. It includes chromium which helps in the metabolism of sugar and other carbohydrates
Contains L-Phenylalanine which is a precursor to neurotransmitters dopamine and Norepinephrine, and helps support normal levels of gut hormones that control appetite and
4. We also provide weekly Vit B-12 with Mic Injections
Vitamin B12-with Mic contains Bit B12 plus Methionine, Inositol, and Choline (MIC) which are lipotropic agents that break down fat and help in the use of food for energy.
The primary compounds in the formula–methionine, inositol, and choline–work to metabolize fat cells and assist in the removal of stored fat in the liver and elsewhere