Female Sexual Dysfunction
Female sexual dysfunction affects up to 43% of women and unfortunately due to cultural issues, in most cases the problem is not properly addressed or not addressed at all. Most women we see in our clinic complain they cannot achieve vaginal orgasm at all, or rarely, causes can be psychological in nature, inexperience, incompatible partner, a medical condition causing inability to enjoy sex etc..
Other complaints registered by women are
- Lack in engaging in sexual intercourse sexual . This involves a lack of sexual desire or interest in sex. Many factors can contribute to a lack of desire, including hormonal changes, stress, loss of interest in sexual partner.
- Inability to become aroused. Either due to insufficient lubrication as seen in women with insufficient estrogen or women who are anxious or aren’t being stimulated sufficiently
- Painful intercourse. Pain during intercourse can be caused by a number of problems, including medical conditions, poor lubrication, scar tissue from surgery, or due to sexually transmitted diseases.
Determining if a woman has female sexual disorder entails a full history and physical exam including lab tests, especially a hormone panel.
Once the cause is known treatment can be commenced which could include
- Psychological consultation
- Treating a medical condition in the pelvic area that may be the problem
- Treating hormonal deficiencies
- Regenerative medical intervention such as the Orgasm shot otherwise called the O-Shot
To learn more please call our office at (703) 992-9815
Dr. Anteneh Roba