Erectile Dysfunction can be a sensitive topic to discuss with anyone, but the staff and Dr. Roba at Zinnia Aesthetics & Anti-Aging Clinic located in Fairfax, Virginia and Northern Virginia are specialists and trained in helping you get your personal health back. To discuss treatment options for Erectile Dysfunction (ED), call or schedule an appointment today.
Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Treatment Q & A
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
It is the Inability to achieve or maintain an erection enough for a satisfactory sexual encounter.
What are the causes of Erectile Dysfunction?
The most common causes of Erectile Dysfunction are:
- Vasculogenic usually secondary to Cardio-Vascular Disease, Diabetes (70% of cases)
- Hormonal like low testosterone (male hormone) high estradiol (female hormone) high prolactin levels (hormone of lactation)
- Neurologic: neurodegenerative diseases, nerve damage due to various causes like prostate cancer surgery
- Trauma: injury to penile structures
- Medications: anti-depressants, anti-hypertensive medications
- Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes
- Psychological: performance anxiety
- Environmental: Lead poisoning, organic solvents, pesticides
When should I go and see a specialist for Erectile Dysfunction?
You need to see a specialist when you repeatedly have problems getting or maintaining an erection (when stimulated) till the completion of a satisfying sexual encounter.
What kind of treatments are there for Erectile Dysfunction?
There are several types of treatments for erectile dysfunction depending on the cause of the ED. Most cases of Erectile Dysfunction being vascular the focus of treatment is on addressing the damaged vessels.
We at Zinnia Aesthetics have a protocol that includes a full or partial combination of the treatments below:
- Diet focusing on plants and fruits and foods that boost natural testosterone levels weight loss management for individuals that are overweight or obese
- Exercise program
- Penile pump
- Low dose Cialis (if needed) to be taken once a day
- Hormone treatment (addition of testosterone if low) decreasing estradiol and prolactin levels if high
- Low -Intensity Extra-Corporeal Shock Wave Therapy((Li-ECSWT)
- Priapus Shot (P-Shot ) Platelet Rich Plasma
- Stem Cells (a new addition to our protocol to treat Erectile Dysfunction)
- For nerve damage (Li-ECSWT and or The P shot help improve Erectile Dysfunction):
- Damage due to trauma is referred to urology.
- Medication induced Erectile Dysfunction is treated by stopping or switching medications that cause Erectile Dysfunction to those that do not.
- Erectile Dysfunction due to drugs, alcohol and cigarettes can be reversed by cessation of their use.
- Erectile Dysfunction caused by psychological issues are referred to a psychologist for treatment.
- Erectile Dysfunction caused by environmental toxins are referred to the appropriate speciality
Are Erectile Dysfunction Treatments Safe?
Yes, all the treatments are safe.
How Effective are the Treatments?
The effectiveness of the treatments depend on the cause and severity of the problem. Some causes are completely reversible, some causes can be treated enough to make a significant improvement in performance.