What Is Restylane ®?
Do you look in the mirror and see deep wrinkles along your face? When you see years etched in your skin, it is time for Restylane ®.
This dermal filler can add volume and fullness to the skin. It is powerful enough to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. Treatment fills stubborn lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds).
FDA has approved Restylane ® and Restylane-L for lip enhancement in patients over 21 years. They can give your lips fullness and definition.
A history of beautiful results
Restylane ® injectable gel is the world’s most studied wrinkle filler with more than a decade of use. Doctors have performed more than 15 million treatments in more than 65 countries worldwide.1 These products have well-defined safety profiles and are approved for the treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds).
Who should not use this treatment?
The Restylane® family of products should not be used by people who:
- are pregnant, breastfeeding, or under 18 years for nasolabial folds and under 21 years for lips (Restylane ® and Restylane-L ® only)
- have recently used drugs that thin the blood or prevent clotting
- have had previous bad allergies, particularly to microorganisms known as gram-positive bacteria
- are allergic to drugs that have previously required in-hospital treatment
- have bleeding disorders
- have a known allergy to lidocaine, if using Restylane-L ® or Perlane-L ®
Treat your moderate to severe wrinkles and folds and enhance your lips
Treatment goes to work immediately by adding volume to smooth away wrinkles. Since it acts like your body’s own hyaluronic acid, it eventually breaks down naturally.
In clinical studies evaluating the Restylane® family of products in laugh lines (nasolabial folds):
- 72% of patients reported significantly less pain during treatment with Restylane-L® vs. Restylane ®
- Patients continued to experience less discomfort for up to one hour after treatment
Restylane-L ® should not be used by anyone with a known allergy to lidocaine.
After treatment, you might have some swelling, redness, pain, bruising, or tenderness. These are typically mild in severity and normally last less than 7 days in nasolabial folds and less than 14 days in lips. Swelling may be more likely in patients under 36 years, and bruising may be more likely in patients over 35 years.
Individual results may vary.